Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thank You Jesus

So I went all last night and all day today with no word from my current landlord. I was praying, crossing my fingers, anticipating what he would say when I finally heard from him. I get home tonight and the Roomie and I were talking and kind of hanging out in the living room during one of our lets talk and be friends bouts. I decided to call my landlord and see if he had gotten my email. The conversation definitely wasn't what I was expecting at all. He appologized to me that things didn't work out and about the carpet. He asked me to not do anything with the carpet since we will be leaving so soon. He didn't ask to see her orders or anything. He said that our lease will end the day I turn our keys back over to him, and we will pay pro-rated rent to that day.

I told the Roomie and so she is trying to figure out what she wants to do with her dog. He doesn't seem to be incredibly happy here seeing as how he came from a huge farm in CT. A few of her friends offered to take him and she is also thinking of flying him back home. I didn't tell her that I have an apartment set up already but that I had talked to my old landlord and she had a place for me. I'll probably tell her about when I get the keys and such this weekend.

I am SO excited. I told her I would help her move and that she could stay with me if she wanted and she told me that the place down the street has $20 truck rentals and there is a storage place nearby as well. She also told me that a friend of hers who is also offering to keep her dog offered her to stay with him before she leaves. She really doesn't know exactly what she is/wants to do right now.

I just cannot wait to be out of this house and in my apartment. This was just proof that I am not happy with roommates. I was fine living with my ex it's just different when you're just friends or acquaintances you know? Mom said that my dad might be home the weekend I move but either way she will come and help and we can also go pick me up a Christmas tree since I won't really have anyone here this year who has a truck.

Thank you Jesus, he has definitely answered my prayers. As small and minuscule as they were I am beyond happy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it worked out for you Teri! Hope the move goes well!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments = Happiness